08 October 2015

Sephora Lipstick Remover

Being in law school means you need to have excellent time management skills. You must know how many hours you need in a day to study everything you have to study. You need to know how many hours you can spare idling or daydreaming or thinking about studying but not really studying. You need to plan when you're going to sleep or when you're going to nap and how many hours you can allot for each. You have to plan every hour of your 24 hours. You get the picture.

Since I already have problems trying to balance my life, I try to spend less time on other things I have complete control of like getting ready and dressed for school. But more importantly, I try to spend less time getting ready for bed after a long day (because sometimes I feel so tired that I just want to collapse in bed the moment I get home), which is why I was so happy when I discovered Sephora's Ultimate Oil-in-Gel Lipstick Remover!


I usually wear dark colors like red or plum when my lips are chapped or wounded, to hide the dark spots caused by the bleed. But the problem is, it's so difficult to remove these shades, even after you've had them on for half a day. I tried brushing my lips but the lipstick would transfer to my toothbrush, which I found icky and never tried again. When I saw this at the store, I just had to see if it would work for me.


What is it? According to Sephora's website, this is an oil-based formula that removes long-lasting lipstick WITHOUT RUBBING. Just dab a small amount of the gel onto your lips, leave it for about 30 seconds, and then wipe it off with tissue. As you can see in the photos below, there was barely a trace of lipstick left after I wiped off the gel from my lips. Compare this to just wiping it off with tissue alone or wet tissue. Since the product also contains aloe vera, wiping it off will leave your lips feeling soft and supple (which my lips badly need because it chaps and dries a lot.)

Glide awaaay!

Other things you need to know: This product is dermatologically-tested and is not tested on animals. It contains NO PARABENS. 

Price: $5 for a 0.5 fl oz tube

5 out of 5 for Sephora's Ultimate Oil-in-Gel Lipstick Remover

Sephora NY (but they no longer carry it as per their website)
Check out Sephora SG or AU

No comments:

Post a Comment