03 October 2015

L'oreal Tint Caresse: First Powder Lipstick

A couple of weeks back, I received my occasional newsletter from Beauty MNL. They were introducing a new product -- the FIRST ever powder lipstick. Naturally, I was curious. How can lipstick work if it's in powder form? Is it like your powder foundation or your eyeshadow palette? 

Introducing L'oreal Paris Tint Caresse -- the first powder lipstick. It comes in eight (8) shades: Peony, Plum, Peach, Tulip, Sakura, Orchid, Rose, and Lily Blossom. Aside from it being the first powder lipstick, another claim that caught my attention was its transfer-proof and long wearing formula. I bought two shades from Beauty MNL: Peony Blossom and Peach Blossom. 


Peony Blossom is the lighter shade between the two, Peach Blossom looking more like a darker shade of Barbie pink. 


Quick facts about this product (from Beauty MNL's website):
  • transfer-proof
  • long wearing
  • matte finish
  • highly pigmented
  • lightweight
  • sponge tip for easy application
Top: Peony Blossom
Bottom: Peach Blossom

Based on the product information, L'oreal's Tint Caresse Powder Lipstick delivers. It is lightweight on the lips, has a matte finish, and is long-lasting. You don't have to worry about consciously avoiding licking your lips to avoid licking off your lipstick. This one stays almost the whole day (I can't really say the whole day since I remove my make-up when I get home after class, so that's about 10-12 hours only). The sponge tip also makes the gliding and lining easier so you have better control of the application.

Top: Bare
Middle: Initial application
Bottom: Full application

If the product delivers, are there any cons? Personally, yes. My lips are almost always dry. I need a lipbalm by my side 24/7 because my lips are always chapped. The reason why I had a couple of applications was because I had to remove the dry skin on my lips after the first application. Since this is literally made of powder, it absorbs the excess moisture on my lips, exposing the little bits of dry skin. If I apply lip balm after, the matte effect disappears. 

This product requires prior lip exfoliation for better results. If you have naturally soft and supple lips without the need for lip balm, this would be perfect for you. It looks great on the lips and is transfer-proof. No worries about lipstick stains or pale lips.

Price: P500 each

4.5 out of 5 for L'oreal Tint Caresse Powder Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment