04 January 2013

L'oreal: Total Repair 5 Daily Repairing Treatment

I've been having my hair treated since I was a freshman in high school, and I don't really remember what my natural hair texture was. Since I decided not to have my hair straightened last year, I focused on trying to fix it. I wanted to see if it was easier to manage my natural locks than have my hair straightened every year, and use a straightening iron everytime after my natural hair grew back. But of course, once you have your hair treated, you can't avoid damaging it. It may not be noticeable, but trust me, even the shiniest and softest hair maybe already damaged.

Anyway, I used to have hot oil treatments at home but these hot oil treatments were a little messy and complicated. I needed to wrap my hair in a warm towel for 20-30 minutes before rinsing it with cold water. After I heard about new hair product of L'oreal, a hair repair treatment, I decided to try it and see if it could replace the tedious hot oil treatments I did weekly. Here is L'oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Daily Repairing Treatment.



For those of you who aren't familiar with this product, or who don't read labels, Total Repair 5 is a repairing treatment for damaged hair. If hot oil treatments moisturize hair, Total Repair 5 moisturizes and repairs damaged hair. Aside from making your hair soft and shiny, it also heals it -- it strengthens and nourishes every stand. Coming from someone who tries to pick hair strands when she's bored, I can say this product really does what it claims to do.



Unlike hot oil treatments, this is very easy to use. Just squeeze an ample amount of the product on your hand after shampooing and rinsing, and lather away. Let it stay on your hair for about a minute or two before rinsing and you're done! Easy, right?

So what are the ups and downs of this product? Let's start with the ups. 


  • Relatively cheap. Approximately P240 for a 240g tub.
The price tag on this product is not like that of gold. For a product like this, the price was just right. Honestly, I felt like it wasn't priced right. It was actually inexpensive. A 240g tub of it costs approximately P240, depending on which supermarket you buy it from. This tub lasted around two months for me, but considering I have very thin hair, I'm guessing this could last a month for people with normal thickness hair.

  • It smells good -- before, during, and after treatment.
Some hair masks, hair treatments smell good, others don't. Some of them smell good before you use them, others smell good when it's in your hair already, others start smelling good after you've rinsed it off your hair already, while others do not smell good before, during, or after using it. This product smells good from the moment you get a dab on your hand up until you rinse it off your locks.

  • It works! Really.
As I've mentioned earlier, my hair has been damaged since I was a freshman in high school. After yearly chemical treatments, I think my hair is more dead than dead. After using this for a week, I could say that I already saw a difference in the texture of my hair. Apart from having a hair that smelled good from morning til night, my hair was definitely softer, shinier, and stronger.  I'd have to say it became more alive than before.


Now let's go to the downs.

  • NONE
I'm sorry but this product has no downside for me. It replaced my weekly hot oil treatments, and I've been using it ever since.


Sorry for the awkward pictures. These are the only photos of my hair I could find. At least the ones with a better picture of my face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment