21 January 2013

Baby's Day Out: Rockefeller, Greenbelt 3

Last Saturday, we had a get together at Rockefeller. I had just finished meeting a friend in Rockwell, and my sister mentioned she was in Greenbelt with our niece so we decided to meet up.

My sister has a certain liking for oysters so we found ourselves in Rockefeller for dinner. We didn't really plan on eating, but since it was a little past dinner time, we decided to grab something to eat as well.

In case you haven't noticed, I love buffalo wings. Even if Rockefeller is known for its, well, oysters, I still tried my favorite -- their version of buffalo wings. (I never really liked oysters in the first place.) Anyway, for an oyster "bar," Rockefeller's version of buffalo wings wasn't bad. It was actually great! Not too spicy, not too sour, just the right combination of spices and peppers. It was flavorful for buffalo wings, actually. Most of the wings I've tasted were either too spicy on the outside, too sour, too spicy and sour, but all the same bland on the inside. But Rockefeller's is one of the exceptions. The flesh of the chicken was also bursting with flavor. It complemented the spicy skin very much. 



As for my other half, Gus wasn't feeling well so he got something ordinary. A Chili Dog. It wasn't different from most restaurant chili dogs. It was a hotdog topped with chilicon inside a hotdog bun. The only difference I noticed is that their hotdog looked a bit like a foot long, but shorter. 3/4 of a foot then? Yes, the hotdog was definitely longer than the bun, but thinner than the usual we see on chili dogs. Despite that, the price was definitely worth it. The serving was BIG.



My brother got the usual. A Bacon Cheeseburger. I'm not sure if that's what it really is called on the menu, but it was what I saw. A big cheeseburger topped with crisp bacon strips. It came with some fries and a side salad. It is a usual on most menus, but at least it was a delicious kind of usual.



The last dish we had was the Gambas and Risotto. This was the best dish of the night! I was a bit hesitant to taste it at first, since I've had horrible experiences with seafood and risotto together, but my friend said it was good so I tried it. And boy was I glad to have tried it! There was no hint of any seafood aftertaste/fishy taste at all. It was the perfect blend of creamy rice, seafood, and spices (based on the other seafood risottos I've tried). The serving was very generous, considering it's very reasonable price. This is a must try, especially for seafood lovers out there. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a photo of it.

As for their service, I'd give it a 3.5-4 out of 5. It wasn't perfect, but it was good enough to make our experience enjoyable. The staff was courteous and attentive, though there was an instance when it took longer for them to provide us with an extra set of cutlery. They were also friendly and accommodating, even if we had a baby with us. Some restaurants wouldn't even bother assisting you if you had a baby with you, but they did.


Price Range: P300-500 per person

4 out of 5 for Rockefeller, Greenbelt 3

Rockefeller
2/F Greenbelt 3
Ayala Center, Makati
Contact Number: (632) 757 4802


Contact details courtesy of: http://www.munchpunch.com/rockefeller-greenbelt-3/menu

No comments:

Post a Comment