08 May 2013

K-Palette 1Day Tattoo Eyeliner

I'm back with an entry on eyeliners. A few months ago, I discovered a new liquid eyeliner. I've been a bit upset with my eyelining skills that I wanted to try out new products that will let me have more control since my hands have been a bit shaky recently. That's when I came across this supposed long-lasting liquid eyeliner that easy to apply because of its fine brush. I know some of you might have heard of this brand already, but for those who haven't, here's a little info about it.


K-Palette 24 Hour Eyeliner is an automatic, pen-type eyeliner. You don't have to twist or turn anything, no shaking required, the fluid comes out naturally.


Since you don't have to twist or turn the pen to make the fluid go out, nothing is wasted. Unlike other pen types, K-Palette's automatic eyeliner does not "overflow." It's like a real pen. Just glide it over your upper lash line and voila! Instant lined eyes.


As for the brush of the pen, it is thin enough to have barely there eyeliner, but, you could also use it to create thicker lines for the edge of your eyes. It is versatile. The thickness of your eyeliner solely depends on how thick (or thin) you want it to be. Plus, the brush is very soft so it does not irritate the eyes. No itchy or ouchy eyes for me.


Now for the real test. Does it really last 24 hours? The first time I tried this, that was the first thing I tested. Will it last the whole day or more on my eyes? I take this seriously since I often use BB cream. I hate seeing dark undereye patches because of smudged or melted eyeliner so I really make sure the eyeliner I use will not mix with my BB cream and give me panda eyes. Thankfully, K-Palette really does live up to its word. The eyeliner dries quickly and once it sets, it will stay on your lash line until you scrub it off with water (or with your hand).

Sweaty and all, eyeliner still on!

That's another good thing (and bad thing) about this eyeliner. It will last the whole day, it wouldn't smudge or melt, and is waterproof, but when you want to remove it, just use a wet cotton pad and glide it over the eyeliner. It'll be gone in seconds.

The smudge was from scratching my eye (not because it smudges)
Photo taken roughly 12 hours later

So, are there downsides to this product? Apart from its heavy price tag, there's no telling when you might need to buy a new one. There's no indicator of how full or empty your pencil is, unless you try to use it and nothing happens. I've been using mine for about two months now, though not frequently, but I still can't tell if it's about to be finished or if it just dried up (yes, a warning. Don't leave the cap off.)

In a nutshell..

PROS
  • long lasting (can last up to 24 hours, I fell asleep with make up on and when I woke, my eyes were still lined)
  • dries quickly
  • does not smudge or melt 
  • easy to remove (does not require make-up remover)

CONS
  • more expensive than most eye liners 
  • no way to tell if you need to buy a new one or not

Price: PhP895

4.5 out of 5 for K-Palette 24 Hour Eyeliner

K-Palette 24 Hour Eyeliner
Beauty Bar
Trinoma, Robinson's Galleria, The Podium, Shangri-la Plaza

http://www.beautybar.com.ph

1 comment:

  1. The best eyeliner for the waterline is waiting for you here. click here to see more.

    ReplyDelete