13 May 2013

Etude House Moistful Collagen BB Cream

With only a few days left before law school starts, I started preparing the essentials. From notebooks, to markers, to clothes, and yes, even the make-up I will be needing to look alive in law school. Since I would have less time to experiment once school starts, I decided to buy another bottle of my favorite and most trusted BB cream -- Etude House's Moistful Collagen BB Cream. 


I fell in love with this product two years ago, a couple of months after Etude House opened its first store in the country. It was my first ever BB cream, and truth be told, I was actually a bit hesitant in trying it. BB creams were fairly new at that time, and I didn't really know much about them. In the end, I took the "risk" and tried it out. SO here's the 411 on Etude House's Moistful Collagen BB Cream.

This BB cream is bigger than others. Most BB creams I saw back then were 30g bottles only. This is a 50g bottle. It actually looks bigger than 50g, but I wasn't always good in math. :D


It doesn't have a strange, strong, or unpleasant smell. Yes! The smell is actually quite nice. It doesn't smell like chemicals, nor does it have any strong smell at all. Plus, it's a 3-in-1 product. It has whitening and anti-wrinkle properties, and SPF30/PA++ (PA++ means higher UVA protection). Yay!


The texture of the cream is just right, not too watery, not too thick. It's easy to spread and it doesn't dry too quickly. Unlike other creams I've used before, this allows you enough time to spread the cream evenly all over your face. Don't take too long though. You might think this dries up in an hour -- not that long.


Now what makes this my favorite BB cream? Apart from all the amazing things I've mentioned already? This cream oxidizes quickly. It may make you look a little bit whiter/paler than usual, but it quickly blends in with your skin.


But, it's better to pick a shade closer to your skin color to help it look more natural. It came in two shades when I first bought it in 2010, but as of this year (?), there are three shades available already. #1 for porcelain skin, #2 for fair skin, and #3 for morenas/darker skin. Even if it oxidizes quickly, the lightest color on darker skin will still look a bit different, as will the darkest shade on lighter skin.


Oh, and remember. Just a little goes a long way. :)

With EH Moistful Collagen BB Cream

In a nutshell..

PROS
  • easy to blend
  • no strong, unpleasant odor
  • blends with your skin tone easily
  • not too viscous
  • just a little can cover the whole face

CONS
  • more expensive than the other BB creams (this one's PhP978)
  • they've been running out of stock more often recently (it's harder to come by them) 


Price: PhP978

5 out of 5 for Moistful Collagen BB Cream

Etude House
SM The Block, Eastwood City Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment