21 April 2014

LaBora -- WHAT?! Nestea Beach 2014

We all know it's summer time when the bikinis come out of hiding, and the waxing salons are now by appointment ONLY. But apparently, the new definition of summer time means beach parties left and right, Ateneo de Bora for the seniors in Ateneo (whatever that means) and this thing they dubbed Laboracay or Labor Day Weekend in Boracay.

Photo courtesy of Victoria's Secret

So why am I writing about this anyway?

In about 10 days, I will be going to my first Laboracay trip. Yup, you read that right. My first. I was such a nerd (still am a nerd, only a bit modified now) back in college that I spent all my wonderful years in the Ateneo studying, sleeping in the library, drinking across the university once in a while, but rarely going to parties. I didn't even know Ateneo de Bora existed until a year after I graduated, and this was because my younger sister was going. Even after I started working, I've never heard of this Labor Day Weekend thing. Oh yes. I live a very boring life under a rock.

Since I am such a late bloomer, I have no idea what to expect, what to do, or where to hang when I get there. I'm usually with family when I go to Boracay and all we do is eat, swim, and have fun in the sun. Or go wall climbing. But since I'm trying out this whole labor day experience, I am clueless. I like going to the beach but I hate getting dark, hahaha. Ironic. So swimming 24/7 is definitely out of the question.

Thankfully, I stumbled upon this link on my blog. I heard Nestea is sponsoring an event in Boracay during labor day but I wasn't really sure what it was or when it was. Radio-mmercials are usually very short and not-so-detailed. I know there will be several beach parties and a lot of drinking during that week but being the not-so-risk-taker person that I am, I want to know more than just that. Is it free or do we buy tickets? When and where exactly will it be held? Boracay has a long stretch of sand and I don't want to get lost or be charged unexpectedly. Is it worth going to or should I just go to a nearby restaurant and order a bucket of beer? I'm going for the experience but I don't want to regret anything after that week. So for those of you who are as clueless as I am, here are some of the activities that you can do and events that you can go to during the Labor Day Week(end).


May 1, 2014

Welcome Aboard and Welcome Party: 
There's a Nestea Boat you can hop on in Jetty Port that will bring you to the Cagban Port from 8 AM to 5 PM, with beats from DJs Adrian Magsipoc and Eric Capili. A welcome party hosted by Monster Radio RX 93.1 will also be happening from 3-10 PM at The Tides Boracay, Solstice Sun Lounge.


May 2, 2014

Yacht Party/Island Hopping:
For P1,200 per head, you can go partying and island hopping at the same time on the 2nd of May. This package is inclusive of snacks and drinks, a shirt, other Nestea freebies, and of course, a trip to three islands: Crystal Cove, Crocodile Island, and Puka Beach, where the party will be held. 


May 3-4, 2014

Electro Beach Party:
I guess this is where the real fun starts. Two days of partying with two of the world's best DJs. This event is hosted by Republiq so I guess you can expect a really great time. Tickets are at P1,200 PER EVENT.


May 1-3, 2014

Chill Station and Beach Volleyball Games:
For those of you who just want more of the traditional and relaxing summer getaway activities, they also offer paraw sailing, massages on the beach, frisbee games, and beach volleyball games featuring the star volleyball players of various universities and previous Nestea champions. I can hear the volleyball fans screaming in excitement now. :)


May 2, 2014

Love the Beach:
If you're more of an environmentalist or an environment-lover, you will definitely enjoy this activity. Help clean up the beach from 7-10 AM and you get a free shirt. Plus, for every Nestea pitcher you buy, P5 will be donated to the Coral Reef Preservation in Boracay.


So for newbies like me, what are you waiting for? Check out their website and see if any of these activities might make your stay more enjoyable. 10 days and counting! See you there! #RefreshSummer




All information and screencaps were taken from the Nestea Beach 2014 website. This is NOT a paid advertisement. I just stumbled upon their website through one of the ad links on my blog. I decided to write about it to help newbies like me during Laboracay 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment