13 March 2013

Yves Rocher: My BB Cream Alternative

A few days ago, my mom asked me to try this free sample she and my aunt got from the Yves Rocher store in Trinoma. She knows I rely on my BB creams too much, and as impressed as she was with the functionality of BB creams, she can't help but try new beauty products, especially if they're given for free.

The sample she gave me was for a botanical liquid foundation. They got two kinds of sample, one with a matte finish, the other with a more supple-looking finish. I tried the latter -- the Yves Rocher Flawless Finish Fluid Foundation.


For those of you who have tried BB creams, you already know that one of the pros of using a BB cream over the more popular liquid foundation is the fact that BB creams feel lighter on your skin. That's one of the reasons I immediately fell in love with the new make-up product. But after I tried Yves Rocher Flawless Finish Fluid Foundation, I was surprised. It felt very light on my skin, something uncharacteristic of a liquid foundation. It was very easy to apply, with the product gliding on my face smoothly. It was actually unbelievable. I never thought I'd find a liquid foundation that felt so light on my face.

But of course, we don't just use or like or patronize a product because of how it feels on your face. The product should also look good on your face. Another thing I liked about this product was how natural it looked on my face. It wasn't too oily, and it actually stayed on my face for almost half the day. Considering all my activities that day, I was really surprised to even have my make-up on when I got home. The only downside I have for this product is the scent. I don't really like the faint smell of it. But don't worry, it doesn't stick to your face for long. You only smell it a few minutes after application.

10 hours later

This was the first time I used the Flawless Finish Liquid Foundation. As you can see, coverage is quite good. The red spots on my cheeks were well-hidden, and blemishes on my forehead were also covered well. This photo was taken after a long day of walking, and running around under the heat of the sun. Please don't mind my face, I was already very tired at this time. >.<

I was also able to try the Matte Fluid Foundation and just like the Flawless Finish version, it also felt light on the skin. It had a matte finish, but it did not make my face look dry. It was also long lasting like this one. I used it for my cousin's graduation and eight hours later, I still looked fresh. :)

I'm glad my mom got tons of this sample since I haven't had time to go shopping because of work. I still have some back-up when my BB cream runs out.


Price: PhP980 for a 30mL bottle of Flawless Finish Fluid Foundation
           PhP900 for a 30mL bottle of Matte Fluid Foundation

4.5 out of 5 for Yves Rocher

Yves Rocher
G/F Trinoma (across Tomato, near Aldo Accessories and MAC Make-up Stall)

No comments:

Post a Comment