09 December 2012

BDJ Box: Acetone-free Nail Polish Remover from Yuka

This is the first time I'm writing about a product that came from a box. Yes, this is my first BDJ product review. I've been so busy at work, I haven't even blogged about the two boxes I've received so far. But since I have some free time today, I'll finish this post about a new product I find convenient and very useful for us girls.

My November BDJ box came with a new product (since I haven't seen anything like this in the Philippine market yet), Yuka Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover. The name is already a giveaway as to what the product does, but what makes it different is that it comes in thin, round sheets. Yes! This isn't your usual liquid form nail polish remover. It looks and feels like baby wet ones, but the round tissue-like sheets are "soaked" with the polish remover already, making it convenient for us girls to use it anytime, anywhere. No need to bring cotton balls or cotton sheets along with a bottle, big or small, of your nail polish remover.


What's better is that these sheets actually do a better job than the regular acetone and nail polish removers I've tried in the past. I usually use around 2-3 cotton balls plus 1/5 of a small bottle of acetone on my hands alone when removing my polish, but with this product, I only used two sheets. And the second sheet wasn't even used up much! I just used the second sheet to clean the sides of all my nails and two more fingers I wasn't able to thoroughly wipe off. 

 

Since the sheets are already soaked with the polish remover, you won't have to worry about the polish remover dripping all over the place, turning your wooden tiles white, or soaking your whole hand with it while you're wiping off the color on your nails. This product is actually genius because of how convenient it is. The only problem I have with it is the scent. It says orange flavor, but if you smell the product, it doesn't smell like oranges at all. It doesn't smell like garbage or anything bad. It just has this strong, unexplainable smell.


This product works wonders. Just don't try to smell it and don't come too close to the product's container. I hope they can do something about the smell. If they did, this would be perfect!
  • Very convenient
  • Easy to use
  • Portable
  • It costs only P68/pack, which has 35 sheets.
  • But it has a very strong smell that may irritate your nose.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment