18 November 2012

Backlog 1: Adobo Connection

When I was still working in Makati, I discovered this small, literally hole-in-the-wall restaurant behind our office building. It was inside a parking lot along de la Rosa. I got so tired of the usual office cafeteria food so I decided to walk along de la Rosa in hopes of finding other restaurants where I could buy food. And that's when I saw Adobo Connection.

I know this restaurant isn't really unknown. I've seen it in malls before but I've never really bothered to check it out. This time, something caught my attention. They had adobo rice for only P39! I thought it was a good deal so I tried it. Was I surprised! I got a really big serving of delicious adobo rice topped with garlic and sliced scrambled eggs in a microwavable plastic container! Yup, I loved the packaging too. 

And because I really enjoyed the first one, I decided to bring Gus there since I wanted to try a lot of their dishes.

We had their Kuya's Mixed Adobo, which was the traditional salty adobo made of chicken and pork. The portions were good enough for two so we just ordered an extra cup of rice.


Kuya's Mixed Adobo

I forgot how much we paid for this dish but I'm sure it wasn't over P120. Our total bill was less than P200.

We also had a vegetable dish, Gising-Gising, which we got because 1) it was spicy, and 2) it was incredibly cheap!

Gising-gising
P39

And since I'm a girl who loves her soup, I couldn't resist not getting their chicken sopas. It was a good bowl of hot, milky soup with more than enough vegetables for such a low price.


Chicken Sopas
P19

Needless to say, this was a very good lunch. We barely spent P200 for a filling and delicious meal. Plus, the service was great too. Servers were nice, polite, and all smiles. A good place to have lunch in on those nerve-racking, stress-filled days.

Price Range: P100-200

5 out of 5 for Adobo Connection

Adobo Connection
Dela Rosa Carpark, Dela Rosa St.
Legazpi Village, Makati
Phone Number: (632) 466 2262

Contact details courtesy of http://www.munchpunch.com/adobo-connection-dela-rosa/

No comments:

Post a Comment