25 February 2013

Jesi Mendez Katipunan: Defining Excellent Service

This isn't really a review since I hadn't had anything done, technically. But I do want to write about the excellent service I got from the staff of Jessie Mendez in Katipunan, even if I wasn't really a client.

Last Saturday, as I was about to meet a friend in Katipunan, I noticed that my hair was sort of "tangled" since my brush couldn't glide through it smoothly. When I tried to untangle it, I found out that it wasn't tangled at all. There was gum on my hair! *horror* After feeling so disgusted, I decided I had to get rid of it quickly since people might notice. *embarrassment* I tried looking for a pair of scissors so I can just snip it, but ironically, the clothes alteration store I went to said they didn't have a pair of scissors. I tried looking for other shops that could possibly have a pair somewhere and I ended up in Jessie Mendez. I asked the receptionist if I could borrow a pair of scissors and she asked me what for. When I told her about my dilemma, she directed me to their senior hairstylist. 

Being turned away by the alterations shop was actually a miracle in disguise (c'mon, what kind of clothes repair shop does NOT have a pair of scissors?). My original plan was to just cut the hair strands with gum and get going. But the senior hairstylist didn't agree. Instead of cutting the affected area, he put some kind of cream on my hair and worked the gum out until not a small piece was left! Yup, my hair was saved. He didn't cut it, he just removed the gum. And as a bonus, he even blow dried my hair. 


When I approached the receptionist to ask how much I had to pay, they told me I didn't have to pay for anything. They told me a small gratuity to the stylist would probably be okay, and they just jokingly asked me to have my next hair service done there. Since I was really surprised and amazed with how they accommodated me, I gave the stylist a small thank you for saving my hair without asking for any payment and assured them I would try their salon next time.

Talk about excellent service! If they treat non-clients that way, I wonder how much more they treat their clients. I am definitely going back their for a real service.



Regis Center, Katipunan
Loyola Heights, Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment