23 February 2012

MUA Experience 101: The First of 2012

This is my second attempt, a successful one I guess, at being a "make-up artist." My fried needed someone to do his model's make-up for one of his photoshoots. Since I am also an amateur at what I do, he decided to let me do the make-up of his model (he's a budding photographer) so I can practice my skills too. His theme was something along the lines of fierce. Here is my attempt at making Iza, the model, fierce.

I began prepping her face by applying a primer all over. I used Skin Food's Black Egg Pore Primer. I then combined Etude House's Nymph Aura Volumer #2 with Skin Food's Peach Sake BB Cream #2 in a 1:3 ratio. Skin Food's Peach Sake BB Cream, I think, is best for girls with a more Filipina-like complexion. It is not too white, and it doesn't make the skin look oily after application.

For her cheeks and lips, I used Tony Moly's Backstage Sure Tint in Peach (02). It made her cheeks and lips look very much alive, but not in an overpowering sense. I also added a drop of the Nymph Aurora Volumer on top of her cheeks to give it a certain glow.

For her eyes, I lined it with a thick layer of Maybelline's Waterproof Gel Liner, for that rockstar, I-am-fierce effect. I finished the whole look by dusting Majolica Majorca's Skin Remaker Pore Cover in OC20 all over her face, and neck.

Again, I am still getting to know make-up so don't expect expert-like make-up results. Here she is. :)



20120211 (12) copy

Disclaimer: I am not an expert, constructive criticisms are most welcome.

Photos courtesy of Christopher Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment