30 December 2015

Old School Finds: Vinyl x Batchoy

Wake up call at 7 in the morning? Check.
Friend actually arrives at 7:30 in the morning? Check.
LTO sends us on a complete wild goose chase? Check.
Ending up a winner after all the (mis)adventures of the morning? DOUBLE CHECK.

One of my law school friends asked me to accompany her as she ran some errands yesterday.  After a couple of (mis)adventures along the way, she asked me if I could still accompany her to Cubao Expo to look for some vinyl discs for her new turntable.  I didn't have any plans so I decided to come with even if I wouldn't really find anything interesting in the shop.

Surprisingly, I did find something in the store that caught my attention.  The Vinyl Dump, a vinyl records store located in the middle of Cubao Expo, was home to a hundred and more vinyl records.  This is what my friend came here for but what caught my eye was that the same store offered La Paz Batchoy for sale.  Yup, an old records store selling original la paz batchoy for only P45.  Since I wasn't feeling well, I decided to give it a try because 1) hot soup is good for a sick person, and 2) I wouldn't have anything to do for the next hour or so (while my dear friend searches every nook and cranny of that store for something she might like).

La Paz Batchoy
P45 (regular)

I hit the jackpot!

The La Paz Batchoy tasted so good, I don't know how else to describe it.  I want to say it does taste original but I'm not sure what original batchoy tastes like.  The soup was light and hot, and the flavor perfect!  It wasn't too salty or too bland and it wasn't too flavorful.  The noodles weren't overcooked, and the toppings weren't scant.  It came with chicken, innards, pork meat, chicharon, and spring onions.  It looks simple but it packs one hell of a La Paz Batchoy.  And all for P45 only!

This is definitely one of my best finds in 2015.  I would gladly go back to that store any time just to order a hot bowl of their Original La Paz Batchoy.

Price: P45 to P95 (regular or special)

5 out of 5 for The Vinyl Dump La Paz Batchoy

The Vinyl Dump
Cubao Expo

No comments:

Post a Comment